Skip to main content
National organisations and helplines
- Samaritans: call 116 123 to access the Samaritans listening service, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from any phone.
- Rethink Mental Illness: call 0300 5000 927 to access Rethink's Advice and Information Service. They offer practical help on issues such as the Mental Health Act, community care, welfare benefits, debt, criminal justice and carers rights. They also offer general help on living with mental illness, medication, care and treatment. The line is open from 9:30am - 4pm Monday to Friday.
- Mind Infoline: 0300 123 3393 or text 86463 - provides information on a range of topics including types of mental health conditions, where to get help, medication and alternative treatments, advocacy, etc. The team will look for details of help and support in your own area. Lines are open 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except for bank holidays).
- Mind A to Z of mental health: Mind offer a wide range of mental health resources on their website.
- Mind Legal Line: 0300 466 6463, open Monday to Friday 11am - 2pm (except Bank Holidays).
- Elefriends: Elefriends is a supportive online peer community run by Mind, a safe place to listen, share and be heard.
- Big White Wall: Big White Wall is an anonymous digital service that supports people experiencing common mental health problems.
- SANE: provides care and emotional support to people with mental health conditions, their families and carers in a number of ways, including a daily helpline service (SANEline - 0300 304 7000), a free text based support service (TextCare) and an online supportive forum community where anyone can share their experiences of mental health.
- PAPYRUS HOPELineUK: specialist telephone service staffed by trained professionals who give non-judgemental support, practical advice and information to children, teenagers and young people up to the age of 35 who are worried about how they are feeling or anyone who is concerned about a young person. Call 0800 068 41 41 or text 07786 209697. Lines are open Mon-Fri: 10am-10pm, weekends: 2pm-10pm & bank holidays: 2pm-5pm
- MindOut: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans & Queer Mental Health Service offer an instant message service that is confidential, non-judgemental and anonymous. Open every day including weekends and evenings.
- Citizens Advice Bureau: Free confidential impartial advice, call 08444 111 444 to find you local bureau.
- Patient: Patient.info offers information about public and private health care.