Mental Elf is a fun run with the emphasis on fun - we have a 2k route, a 5k route for all ages and a 10k route for people aged 16+. It doesn't matter if you're a seasoned runner or prefer a stroll in the park, the event is for everyone, with the 10k an option if you'd like a bit more of a challenge. It's about coming together with your local community, to do something that's good for you, whilst giving something back by helping to raise vital funds for Lancashire Mind. You'll be connecting with others, doing some physical activity, spending some time in nature and getting the feel good factor of supporting your local mental health charity - all things that help to boost your own mental wellbeing. Most importantly, you're helping other people in Lancashire to achieve and maintain positive mental health.
It's a relaxed, enjoyable event, with a team of supportive marshals around the route to encourage you, and back runners to make sure no-one is left behind. We have people of all ages and abilities taking part. It's not a timed event because the focus is on completing the distance, not on being the fastest, but you're welcome to time yourself if you're looking for a PB. As well as the fun runs, we also have activities in the indoor arena, so if you want to bring friends and family who aren't joining the run, there's plenty to keep them entertained whilst they wait to cheer you over the finish line.
- Choose from three different distances: 2k, 5k, 10k.
- Experience wellbeing boosts at every km and the best cheers in Lancashire.
- Put on your elf ears and join hundreds of elves raising funds for life changing mental health services for people in Lancashire.
Date: Sunday 3rd December
Venue: Witton Park, Blackburn
Times: 2k Mini Elf (all ages) 10:45am | 5k (all ages) 11:45am | 10k (aged 16+) 12 noon
Thank you to our main event sponsor, James Hall - SPAR
Activities on the day....
Our Elves are busy finalising the activity plan for the day but you will find things like...
- Festive facepainting
- Reindeer food making
- Mindful colouring
- Meet 'Sunny' the Lancashire Mind mascot
- Spend time in Lancashire Fire and Rescue Pump
- Salsa dancing
- Samba band
and much more!
As a Lancashire Mind Elf runner/walker you will receive:
- A bespoke medal with a new design every year*
- Thank you goody bag at the end of the event
- Our fundraising pack
- Fantastic event experience with wellbeing boosts and the best cheers in Lancashire
- Raise over £75 in Fundraising and you will receive a FREE Lancashire Mind cuddly bear as a thank you for your support. Join our fundraising campaign Download our sponsorship form below.
And most importantly... that feel good feeling of knowing you are supporting your local Mental Health charity. Every ticket sale and fundraising donation will generate vital funds and enable Lancashire Mind to support young people and adults across the county.
*We can not guarantee that there will be enough medals for all participants on the day. Medals will be available post event to collect from the Lancashire Mind in Chorley.
Event is open 10am- 2.30pm
- Event registration opens at 10am
- 2km start time 10.45am
- 5km start time 11.45am
- 10km start time 12pm
******Please Note: If you are booking multiple tickets, on the booking form you only need to provide an email address for the first attendee but you need to agree to send all event information to the other attendees.******
Mental Elf 2023 would not be possible without the support of our amazing event sponsors.
Thank you to:
- Main Event Sponsors - James Hall, SPAR
- Medal Sponsors - Pierce Business Advisory and Accountancy Group
- Finish line Sponsors - Essential Industrial Services
- Goody Bag Sponsors - RSM
- Route sponsor - MJS Groundworks
We still have a number of fantastic opportunities for businesses to get involved. Find out more in our Sponsorship Opportunities Pack below.
Refer a friend and win a prize!
This year we are running some fantastic opportunities to win VIP prizes including the chance to have a special, individual start line photo of you and your friend. Exclusive to 'refer a friend' prize draw. Just 'like' our social media posts and 'tag' in the friend you have referred. When you both book, you'll be entered into prize for a start line picture done by our professional photographer and available for you to have electronically post event.
Keep a look out for more opportunities to support us.